Consumable Store Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. However, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and prevention of unauthorised access to your account.
Consumable Store Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This page was last updated on 27/08/2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We are registered with the Information Commisioner's Office as Data Controllers. To view our Data Controller registration click here.
What we do with the information we gather
The information we collect is used to process any orders you place with us as well as for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided (this is an opt-in service)
- to comply with legal requirements.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee of £10 to cover administration will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Consumable Store Ltd. 8 Chantry Cottages, Chantry Road, Chilworth, Surrey, GU4 8LT and enclose a cheque for £10 made payable to Consumable Store Ltd.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The cookies that we use on our website are shown below:
Consumable Store Cookies
These are cookies that we use to keep track of what items you have added to your shopping basket and also for when you log in to your account.
- ses_id - keeps track of your session on our website
- cookie_test - checks that your browser accepts cookies
This is a service provided by Google that we use to see browsing behaviour so we can improve our website.
- __utma - records how many visits our site receives
- __utmb - checks how long a visit lasts
- __utmc - as above
- __utmz - shows how you found our site
How to opt out of cookies
The following section describes how to disable cookies for the most popular web browsers. Please note that if you disable cookies you will only be able to browse this website, you will not be able to make a purchase.
Disable Cookies in Internet Explorer
- 1. Choose 'Tools'
- 2. Click on 'Internet Options'
- 3. Click the 'Privacy' tab
- 4. Move the slider to choose your settings
- 5. For more detailed privacy settings click on 'Advanced'
Disable Cookies in Mozilla Firefox
- 1. Click on 'Menu', then 'Options'
- 2. Select 'Privacy'
- 3. Select 'Cookies'
- 4. Choose your settings
Disable Cookies in Google Chrome
- 1. Click on the 'Tools' menu
- 2. Select 'Options'
- 3. Click the 'Under the Bonnet' tab
- 4. Find the 'Privacy' section
- 5. Click 'Content settings'
- 6. Click the 'Cookie settings' tab and choose your settings